Friday, March 16, 2012

A lifetime without Love is of no account..

"A lifetime without Love is of no account
Love is the Water of Life
Drink it down with heart and soul!"


One of the Love Poems from Rumi (a 13th-century persian muslim Poet, jurist, theologian and Sufi mystic).


I've come aware of Rumi, through Elif Shafak's book, "The Forty Rules of Love".
A book that showed me a new way of looking at islamic religion, that made me acquainted with the non-judgemental sufi path and that truly "challenges the fundamentalist Islamic orient and the consumerist Judeo-Christian occident" (as stated by Alev Adil).

My first thought when I started reading it was, "Oh no, another book about spiritual quests", but after a while (a couple of pages after) I couldn't stop reading, the idea behind it is that the quest for spirituality, for love will fill the void felt in our hearts, in our lives and that this will touch others.

Maybe because I'm older, this made sense to me.
But I prefer to believe that there is something more deeper. These rules, the rules of love, are the ones that we should take into consideration every day of our lives, the ones that I always felt to be the right thing to do.

This Book reminded me of my believes, it appealed to my inner self not my ego!

Just read it and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment