Friday, September 28, 2012

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

A friend of mine is currently reading the famous book, "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex", by John Gray.

According to Amazon's description, you will:
"Rediscover the most famous relationship book ever published. Once upon a time Martians and Venusians met, fell in love, and had happy relationships together because they respected and accepted their differences. Then they came to Earth and amnesia set in: they forgot they were from different planets."

I'm wondering if I should or should not give it a try.
Normally I do not read "self-help" or "guides to improve ...", but I'm thinking if it would or not help me to live better and more peacefully with the differences among us.

My friend says it's a funny book, that she recalls occurences in her daily life with her husband when she reads the experiences from other couples and enjoys checking his and her perspectives of what happened.

But if the book is on the right track, it also means that it's not only the men that are all alike, but also the women, which would destroy our evergreen confort sentence to a girlfriend when a man acts like a jerk, "men are all alike", wouldn't it?!

Maybe out of curiosity and because one can never know, I should give it a try.

(Thinking though!! The right book for me should be: "Men who are from Bulgaria, Women who are from Portugal")

No comments:

Post a Comment